Sex and Religion

Finding Religion and Spirituality in Population, Gender, Sexuality, and Reproductive Health Advocacy in the Philippines.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Fighting the queer fight

By Doni Santos
Inquirer (7:02pm (Mla time) 08/01/2006

WHEN I BEGAN MY TREK toward loving a fellow man, I didn’t know I would come this far. I thought hooking up with another guy was just a phase, something I would tell my grandchildren when I was older.

But it’s a decision that I have since then resolved to fight for.

At first, I was like any normal guy. I was your typical boy-next-door. Some would even call me handsome--charming, definitely. With this gentlemanly, can’t-hurt-a-fly air about me, I could smooth-talk my way into getting a lot of girls. I was a player. I would even bring women home for sleep-overs in our house, and my parents didn’t mind. My dad was proud of the fact that I was a playboy.

Read more here.

Doni Santos of Ang Ladlad belongs to RGS Kabandana Batch (June 2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home